Thursday, March 15, 2012

Buckhorn Ranch Show

So, I hauled Halo and Mack up to Buckhorn last weekend for an IBRA event. This was my first time hauling Halo and I wasn't sure what to expect from her. However, once we got there, she did surprisingly well! I got on her right away and took her to the outdoor pen for warm up. She was a little nervous but after she burned off her energy she settled down considerably and rode nice. I took her into the arena for two exhibition runs, even though she has never seen a barrel. We turned three cans both times at a trot without taking up half the arena or running away. After that, I tied her off to the trailer and she stood patiently the rest of the day without any fuss at all!

Mack on the other hand, was as hot tempered as always, digging ruts by the trailer. Considering his fire, I expected fast runs from him. We ran poles first, about the second time in 8 months. He lost his footing at the first pole but after he regaining grounded he really took off and motored through the weave. He was flying so fast he nearly lost me! We kept them all standing and ran a 22.1 that easily would have been a 21 minus the slip on the first pole. We ended up getting a check for 2nd place 2D. After poles we made our first barrel run in the 2D Warm Up. We had a good solid run and clocked in with a 15.4. Our last event of the day was our Youth run. Mack and I ran in hard, turned three tight cans and ran a 15.353. We ended up first in the 1D, taking home a pretty penny but lots more pride than anything else. Unfortunately, he ripped off his shoe in that run and we had to pack it in early before the Open division.


All in all, it was a very successful day all the way around and I couldn't be more happy with my gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment